Burford Primary School Admissions 2016-2017
Burford Primary, an Academy within the Oxford Diocesan Schools Trust, is a friendly school with a ‘family’ atmosphere, situated within the heart of Burford and serving its local communities.
We have 15 reception places available each year in our Early Years’ Class; children are eligible to start school in the September of the academic year they turn 5 years old and admissions are managed by Oxfordshire County Council.
You are most welcome to visit Burford Primary School for a conducted tour and opportunity to meet with the Head Teacher to discuss your child’s application to start school. Each individual is valued and we aim for all of our pupils to enjoy school and become enthusiastic lifelong learners, showing pride and respect
For full details and how to apply, go to the Oxfordshire County Council website (using this link or the Internet address below), or telephone 01865 815175
When places for the Reception Class are over-subscribed, they are allocated based on the following criteria:
1. Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education and Health Care Plan which names the school.
2. Children who are or who have been looked after by a Local Authority.
3. Disabled children who need to be admitted to the school on the grounds of physical accessibility.
4. Children who live in the designated area of Burford and have a brother or sister on roll at the time of application who will still be attending at the time of entry.
5. Children who live in the designated area of Burford.
6. Children who live outside the designated area and have a brother or sister on roll at the time of application who will still be attending at the time of entry.
7. Children who live outside the designated area, admitted in order of distance from the school.
If your application is unsuccessful, you are welcome to appeal. Appeals are managed by the school’s Governing Body and the timetable for appeals can be accessed using our link at the bottom of this page.
In September 2016, we admitted 15 children into the Early Years’ Class, under the following criteria:
- Children who live within the designated area and have a brother or sister on roll at the time of application who will still be attending at the time of entry.
- Children who live in the designated area of Burford.
Admissions for a Nursery place in our Early Years’ Class
Places are managed by the school’s Governing Body and enquiries should be made via the School Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 01993 822159
Admission arrangements for entry to other year groups
We sometimes have places available in other year groups, for children moving into the area or transferring from other schools. In these circumstances, Oxfordshire County Council Admissions should be contacted initially, to enquire as to the availability of places and for advice regarding an application.
Useful Admission Links